Cupcake Challenge, Adult Family & Consumer Sciences Building, Saturday, August 24, 2013, Contest will begin at 1:00 p.m.
Sponsors: Lebanon Walmart, JC Penney at Providence & Kitchen Collection
Chairperson: Shelly Barnes, FCS Extension Agent 615-444-9584, 615-443-6193 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each Contestant – Must be pre-registered by Saturday, August 10, 2013, to guarantee a place in the contest. To pre-register, please email name and telephone number to Shelly Barnes at email@example.com or call 615-444-9584 and leave message with the information required.
- Each contestant may decorate 1 (one) cupcake to be judged. The contestant must do all of the decorating him(her)self.
- Each contestant must provide their own frosting and/or other decorating material. All material must fit in a small shoebox sized container. Unfrosted cupcakes will be provided.
- All materials used to decorate the cupcake must be edible. Frosting and decorations may be home-made or store bought.
- This contest is for amateurs ONLY.
- Contestants may bring drawings, pictures or other items to help them with their decorating.
- Contestants will be judged strictly on creativity and appearance. Taste will not be judged. Contestants will be able to eat their cupcake creations AFTER judging takes place and awards are announced.
- Entries must be made by exhibitor who is 19 years or older (Adult Division) and a resident of Wilson County. Exceptions to this rule are as follows: Wilson County fce members and Wilson County Master Gardeners who are not Wilson County residents are allowed to enter.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- This will be judged LIVE. Judges will NOT discuss entries with audience members during the judging.
- Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place.
- Contestants will be given 15 minutes to decorate their cupcake.