For Wilson County Master Gardeners – we will be primary host and hostess in the upcoming June 22nd TEMG Central Region Meeting and we need you!
PLEASE come and enjoy your day with us, learn, network, and get educational hours! We want to encourage folks to sign up early and to be a part of this ‘1st time Central Region Meeting.’
Our June 22nd regional workshop will be in the Central Region and will be led and hosted by TEMG groups from around the Central Region. TEMGs from across the state are also welcome to joining us. June 22nd will be spent on tours and sessions to connect you to horticulture information, TEMG outreach in the region and other MGs with similar interests.
Highlights of the day include:
– Tour to demonstration garden and arboretum sites led by Wilson County Master Gardeners- Fiddler’s Grove and Cedars of Lebanon State Park Butterfly Garden
– Tour to Ellington Agriculture Center that includes demonstration garden and food production sites led by Davidson County Master Gardeners
– Visit to rain gardens and demonstration gardens at Lane Agri-Park led by Rutherford County Master Gardeners
– Workshop session on ‘Help with your helpline’ – an interactive workshop to help with answering questions from citizens
– Interactive youth and horticulture workshop session that will provides MG-tested and approved hands-on activities to take home and put into action
8:00 to 8:30 – Registration – Rutherford County Extension Community Center
8:30 to 9:00 – Bus loading
9:00 to 12:15 – Tours to Lebanon and Nashville garden sites
12:30 to 1:15 – Lunch
1:15 to 2:15 RCMG Demo garden tour
2:30 to 4:15 Workshops
EARLY Registration deadline: June 15, 2017
Cost: $25, includes lunch and tour bus seat for morning sessions.
For WCMGs’ convenience – at the Tuesday, June 6th, meeting – Registration Forms will be available. Checks will be accepted Tuesday evening – please make these out to University of Tennessee.
You can also register and pay by credit card online – for secure credit card payments, click:
Registration made after June 15, 2017 will be $30 plus we are planning food and buses now. After June 15th, we will be unable to guarantee a seat on the bus tours or lunch so please – jump in soon!
Additional information is available at the link below.
So, please come out and show pride in the Wilson County TEMG program – spread the word and join us on Thursday, June 22nd, 2017.
We need your support!! Let’s get your registrations in…