The tree committee especially wants to invite all the newly graduated interns (but all WCMGs are invited) to the:
2013 WCMG’s Beginning Tree Identification Class
(must take this class to be eligible to take Advanced Class) and it’s still FREE)
Place: James Ward Agricultural Center (and fairgrounds) in the Town Hall Building
Time: Saturday, 27 April from 9am to noon (please be there a little before if possible!)
What will you learn?
- How to use a dichotomous key
- Resources that are available for dendrology/tree id
- Leaf Identification (this is generally the easiest and most available way to id a tree)
- General tree facts as well as how to plant, maintain and tree biology
- Familiarize you with some of the trees at the fairgrounds (this is very helpful when you are maintaining some of the Ward AG/fairground beds and are asked a question)
- When MGs get together- we always learn something new from each other!
What do you need to bring?
Yourself and a windbreaker for the tree tour (if it doesn’t rain). Otherwise, we will be “touring” with leaves and branches in doors.
If you have and want to bring:
- A smart phone
- A camera
- A magnifying glass
Eat breakfast before you come… we generally try to have a light snack— but that won’t hold you as we will do the tree tour first and then the classroom time
Sign up at MGs regular meeting or contact: