After dinner at our July 7 meeting, held at the Opry Stage in Fiddlers Grove, we will be making suet cakes to sell during the Wilson County Fair in August. Below are lists of ingredients and supplies needed for the July meeting. If you can bring any of these items, email email@example.com with the item(s) and the amount(s) you plan to bring.
Everyone, please save your empty 1/2-gallon cardboard milk cartons and any empty commercial suet cake containers you find, thoroughly clean them, and bring them to the July 7 meeting.
The recipe we will be using calls for the following ingredients per batch:
1 cup lard
1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups cornmeal
2 cups Quick-cook oats
1/2 cup granulated sugar
This is a list of the ingredients needed, followed by the names of those who have already signed up to bring those items:
Lard — Jil & Jeff Norman (100 lbs) – no more
2. Peanut butter — Rae Jacobson, Sandra Daum, Whit Whitaker, Susie Butler
3. Yellow cornmeal –Francine Lustre, Greg Tomerlin
4. Quick Cook Oats — Whit Whitaker, Karen Dawson (2 lg pkg),
5. All-purpose flour — Belinda Foren,
6. Granulated sugar — Kathy Powers (4 lb)
This is the list of supplies and tools needed at the meeting:
1. Hot plate or camp stove — Jil & Jeff Norman, Karen Dawson,
Rubber gloves — Greg Tomerlin no more
3. Clean cardboard milk cartons — Susie Butler, Greg Tomerlin (1),
4. Other molds (i.e. old discarded suet containers) — Jil & Jeff Norman
5. Wax paper — Patti Stein, Karen Dawson
6. Plastic grocery bags — Patti Stein, Susie Butler
Again, if you can bring any of the ingredients or supplies, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the item(s) you are bringing, and the amount you plan to bring.