2018 Tennessee Extension Master Gardener State Conference
Thursday, April 5th – Pre-conference tour and grafting workshop
Friday April 6th & Saturday April 7th – Main conference
Early registration with a price break is open until March 16th, but classes and workshops may fill before that date
Montgomery Bell State Park, Burns, TN
If you would like to stay in the park inn, we have a hotel block open until Feb. 19th
Other lodging options are also available in the Dickson, TN area
What type of sessions are planned?
- Statewide Search for Excellence awards
- Landscape walkabouts
- Wildflower and photography hikes
- Tree ID, diagnosis and value in our landscapes
- Lightning bugs and fireflies in TN
- A Tennessee turf tour
- A year of keeping bees in TN
- Sessions on arboretums, community gardens, youth programs, surveys and outreach led by MGs
- TN garden vegetable trials
- Current entomology and pathology threats in TN
- Networking and planning sessions and much more!
Get a preview of the park and our 2018 year at:
Why should you attend?
Because our 2018 conference will be a great opportunity to learn more about horticulture, insects, flowers, and trees across the great state of Tennessee, as well as enjoy one of our beautiful state parks and spend time with some of the best folks you’ll ever meet- Tennessee Extension Master Gardeners!
Full schedule and information:
What does Registration include?
Registration includes all sessions and materials for each day as well as snacks, lunch and dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday at the Forge Restaurant (at MBSP Inn). Thursday tour will include entrance ticket for the tour as well as trees and supplies for grafting.
Registration- two options:
- Complete the second page of the attached registration form and mail it in (see 1. Below)
- Register online (see link at 2. below)
Registration deadline: March 16th, 2018 Fees: $130 for all three days, $40 for Apr. 5th Pre-day workshop and tour, $60 for single Friday, $50 for single Saturday, $100 for both days (6th and 7th)
Late registration: After March 16th, 2018 Fees rise to $140 for all three days, $45 for Apr. 5th Pre-day workshop and tour, $65 for single Friday, $55 for single Saturday, $115 for both days (6th and 7th)
- By mail: Send registration form (below) and checks payable to University of Tennessee to:
TEMG Conference Registration Attn: Sandy Kitts
2431 Joe Johnson Drive
252 Ellington Plant Science Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-4561
- Online: This link will take you to a UT e-marketplace site. At the bottom of the first page, you will click the Add to Cart button. You will then be taken to a page that enables you to enter contact and payment information as well as select which days to attend and topics for the workshops and breakout sessions.
Registration form TEMG conference_2018
2018 TEMG conference Q and A
We look forward to seeing you in April!
Natalie R. Bumgarner, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Residential and Consumer Horticulture
Tennessee Extension Master Gardener Coordinator