- 54 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 (1-ounce) squares white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped sweetened dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan with heavy duty aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Arrange saltines in an even layer on prepared pan.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in sweetened condensed milk. Pour mixture over crackers.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with shopped white chocolate. Let chocolate stand for 1 to 2 minutes to soften. Using a small offset spatula, spread softened chocolate evenly over baked toffee. Sprinkle with pecans and cranberries. Let cool completely.
5. Break toffee into cracker-size pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Download: Belinda’s White Chocolate Toffee
5 November 2012