- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (4oz) shopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cans (15.8 oz) Great Northern Beans of Navy Beans
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
In a large skillet, cook onions in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chilies, flour, cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until hot.
Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa, if desired. (6-7 servings)
Doubled the recipe for class using 2 large chicken breasts and 3 cans beans for each recipe.
Download: Rae’s White Chicken Chili
5 November 2012